Bishopsteignton Primary School provide our school meals. Dinners can also be paid for on line. To access this service go to www.schoolgateway.com. See Summer 2017 Menu
- School dinner money - £11.50 per week (£2.30 per day) is collected in the classrooms at 9 am on Monday mornings (or the first day of the school week).The exact money must be in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the child's name, class and amount.
- School dinners are taken on a regular weekly basis..
- Cheques are accepted payable to Our Lady and St Patrick's School
- If you think you may be eligiblefor free school meals please enquire at the office for Form BR35. This applies whether or not your child actually has the free meals as it can affect the school budget allocation.
Packed lunches may also be brought to school.
INFORMATION ABOUT PACKED LUNCHES Devon Education Health and Safety have asked us to pass on the following advice
Purchasing Ingredients for Packed Lunches Some foods are more susceptible than others to bacterial contamination eg. foods high in protein, cooked meats, eggs, etc. are perfect breeding grounds for bacteria particularly when combined with moisture and warmth.
- Check the ingredients do not exceed its use or best before dates
- Bear in mind that we do not have a refrigerator for the storage of sandwiches and therefore ingredients should be chosen with care.
Storage of Packed Lunches
- Containers should be clearly marked with your child's name and be strong and sufficient in size to contain all the lunch
- Never put fresh food into unwashed containers
- Do not re-use food wrappings such as polythene bags, foil or cling film
- Once the packed lunch is completed, store in a refrigerator prior to being taken to school
- Consider using a cool bag
Peak periods for food poisoning occur during the warm summer months, so extra care is needed in both preparation and storage. At temperatures around 30c (86F) bacteria can double in number every 20 minutes. Over a 12 hour period this could result in a serious health hazard. Once at school children will need to place their lunch boxes in the containers designated to their own class. Children will be able to collect them at the end of the day from the class designated points.