1. In April 2013, the Government announced new funding of £150 million for physical education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
2. Funding will be allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools with primary phase pupils, including: primary, middle, special and non-maintained special schools, academies and pupil referral units from 1 September 2013. A typical primary school will receive about £9,250 annually in the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15. We anticipate receiving £8845 in this academic year.
3. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
How are we spending the money?
• Payment into the Teignmouth Primary Sport Partnership.
• Payment into the South Dartmoor School Sports Partnership.
• Continued professional development for staff.
• Participation in sports events for the children.
• Contributions to gifted and talented sports events.
• Transport to local events and competitions.
• Specialist sports teaching.
• Extra and new Sports Equipment for all pupils.
What outcomes are we working towards?
• Outstanding PE provision across the school.
• All children to have access to competitive competition.
• Identification of able and gifted children and established pathways to local clubs/coaching.
• Greater participation in school sporting clubs.
• Encouraging all pupils towards immediate and long-term participation in sport and physical activity
Academy Financial Year 2015-2016 (September 2015 – August 2016)